Volunteer Engagement Manager - Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Job DescriptionVolunteer Engagement ManagerFull-Time &
Non-Exempt Together, we create life-changing wishes for children
with critical illnesses. From our humble beginnings with one boys
wish to be a police officer, we have evolved to be one of the
worlds leading childrens charities, serving children in every
community in the United States and its territories. With the help
of generous donors and over 265 volunteers, Make-A-Wish South
Dakota & Montana granted 50 wishes last fiscal year. THE TEAM With
a dedicated and collaborative staff, team members who are
mission-driven and motivated enjoy playing a role in the
significant statewide impact of Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana.
The chapter has a stellar reputation in the communities they serve
and carries out its impactful work with a dedicated staff of eight.
Our organization seeks to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Our chapters programs are delivered by 265 volunteers across the
two states, and it is governed by a volunteer board of 18. Our
chapter headquarters is in Sioux Falls, SD with regional staff in
Missoula, MT and Great Falls, MT. The Volunteer Engagement Manager
reports to the Chief Operating Officer in Sioux Falls, SD.THE ROLE
Our volunteer program is an integral part of fulfilling our mission
as well as the goals within the chapter. The Volunteer Engagement
Manager is a key contributor to our mission by mobilizing, leading,
and supporting volunteer activity. This position works closely with
a network of volunteers across the 122 counties in our chapter to
grant high-quality, life-changing wishes by engaging local wish
communities to their fullest potential. The Volunteer Engagement
Manager will also lead the Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana
internship program. WHERE YOU COME IN As the Volunteer Engagement
Manager at Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana you will:
- Plan for Strategic Volunteer Engagement
- Assess organizational needs and opportunities for volunteers,
promote organizational readiness, research and analyze related
programs and services.
- Develop, implement and/or maintain up-to-date goals and
objectives, policies and procedures, supporting tools and
resources, evaluation and risk management plans and benchmarks for
- Assist volunteers in understanding the various policies and
guidelines that impact their role with the organization to comply
with all chapter and National standards.
- Assess potential risks and liabilities of volunteer activities
and behaviors, elevating to the Chief Operating Officer when
- Advocate for Volunteer Involvement
- Design, implement and evaluate communication plans for
- Inform and enlist stakeholders in promoting volunteer service
opportunities. Develop volunteers as advocates and advocate for
volunteer services to stakeholders and communities.
- Cultivate stakeholder and partner relationships.
- Collaborate with stakeholders.
- Attract and Onboard a Volunteer Workforce
- Identify current needs and design and implement recruitment
strategies for volunteers.
- Develop and/or maintain up-to-date volunteer position
descriptions and performance objectives for volunteer roles.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries, administer the screening and
on-boarding process to applicants including completion of the
volunteer application, interview, background check, relevant
training(s) and any other requirements.
- Match volunteers with assignments in a systematic, efficient
and timely manner ensuring volunteer capacity can support all
- Evaluate placement of volunteers and recruitment
- Prepare Volunteers for their Roles
- Develop volunteer training plans, partnering with appropriate
staff as needed.
- Coordinate and facilitate orientation, role-specific and
ongoing volunteer training and continuously evaluate the
- Support on-going development of volunteers' skills.
- Document Volunteer Involvement
- Partner with the Data and Operations Specialist to update and
maintain electronic volunteer records and data in secure storage in
compliance with chapter and National requirements.
- Update external screening processes, provide statistical
reports on volunteer services and contribute to budget
- Monitor resources that support volunteer engagement, provide
information to support funding requests and maintain records on
partnership and stakeholder contacts, relationships and
- Manage Volunteer Performance and Impact
- Train and educate staff to work with volunteers.
- Monitor progress on volunteer performance objectives.
- Delegate tasks to volunteers and supervise and coach
- Conduct volunteer performance reviews as needed, provide
feedback to volunteers, and conduct exit interviews/surveys.
Conduct corrective action procedures, elevating to the Chief
Operating Officer when necessary.
- Acknowledge, Celebrate and Sustain Volunteer Involvement
- Develop, implement and evaluate volunteer recognition
- Develop, monitor and evaluate retention plans and assess
volunteer satisfaction. Elevate retention and satisfaction concerns
to the Chief Operating Officer when necessary.
- Communicate with volunteers in a timely, clear manner utilizing
digital, phone and print communication.
- Manage the chapters internship program including recruitment,
screening, placement, and evaluation. Facilitate intern onboarding
and provide on-going supervision and support to interns.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate.WHAT YOULL
- Flair for cultivating and stewarding professional relationships
with a diverse constituency and interpersonal skills to build
- Work independently while thriving in a collaborative,
- Convey enthusiasm for volunteerism and ability to motivate
- Professional demeanor and adaptable to change. Ability to
quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Resourceful with the ability to solve problems and resolve
conflict in an efficient and professional manner
- Be a confident and capable public speaker, able to present to
groups and facilitate training activities
- Strong written and verbal communication, project management,
organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Experience with Salesforce preferred or other database
- Bachelors Degree in nonprofit administration, communications,
business, human resources, psychology or another relevant
- Minimum five years of project management, special events or
volunteer management experience, or other relevant volunteer or
- Commitment to the Make-A-Wish mission
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English Working
ConditionsThis position can be remote within South Dakota or
Montana or located in our Sioux Falls, SD office. The individual
must have the ability and willingness to travel regionally as
required in this position. Must be willing to travel and work some
nights/weekends.WHAT WE OFFER Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana
offers the following benefit package for this position:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Health Savings Account Option
- Simple IRA contributions
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Remote work options
- Individual and leadership developmentWe are more than a great
place to work - our work is life-changing. We are an inclusive and
diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds,
thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are
fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in
the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we
do every day. We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless
of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender
identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and
other legally protected characteristics.The Application and
Selection Process:Step 1: Interested candidates complete the online
- Upload your resume
- The online application will be posted until the position is
filled. Step 2: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant may schedule
an initial phone call with qualified applicants.Step 3: A Sagency
Executive Search Consultant will schedule a 60-minute interview
with specific candidates.Step 4: After this initial interview
process with Sagency, qualified candidates will be asked to
complete an online assessment prior to scheduling an interview with
our client.Step 5: First round interviews with the Make-A-Wish
South Dakota & Montana hiring team.Thank you for your interest in
Keywords: Sagency, Great Falls , Volunteer Engagement Manager - Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana, Executive , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!