Truck unloader / Stocking
Company: Jo-Ann Fabrics
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: November 23, 2022
The Merchandise & Replenishment Team Member's responsibility first
and foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by
inspiring creativity within our customers and making JOANN their
happy place! All Team Members drive sales through advanced product
knowledge, innovative merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy.
The Merchandise & Replenishment Team Member's role is to ensure
that the sales floor is fully stocked and presentable for our
customers by bringing merchandise from the back room to the sales
floor and efficiently stocking the shelves. The Merchandise &
Replenishment Team Member will also embody characteristics and
perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds and Inspire.
* Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs
* Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project needs
and escorts them to the desired product's location
* Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floor
* Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while
maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to
* Required to enter and exit the truck bed to remove freight.
Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company
procedures. Lifts boxes from the truck and receiving area, place
and arrange items on shelves and racks. Move product from delivery
truck to sales floor as needed.
* Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning
and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any
spills/messes with a sense of urgency
* May occasionally cut fabric for customers or process customer
transactions at the cash register
* Invites customers to participate in store activities such as
Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events
* Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, active
selling techniques, suggesting services, and building strong
customer relationships to the JOANN brand
* Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper
policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting
counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory management
* Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team
exceeds expectations set by Store Management
* Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects in
a friendly and professional manner
* Assists with training new Team Members on running the register,
cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer service
* Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
* Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
* Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
* Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift.
* Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
* Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
* Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
* Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
* Bend down and reach above head.
* Climb and descend ladder.
* Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97 pounds
(under 2 lbs on a constant basis, 10 lbs on a frequent basis, 10-49
lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97 lbs group lifts on an
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the
store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less
than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period, as
defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work
any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of
day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings,
weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled
according to needs of the store and the team member's availability.
Relocation may be required for career progression.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Education Minimum: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Experience Minimum: 1+ years experience in a customer centric
This position will be located at:
2515 10th Ave S Great Falls, MT 59405-3236
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary
is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will
employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by
JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the
at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by
both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Fabrics, Great Falls , Truck unloader / Stocking, Professions , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!