Blood processing Technician/Components lab Technician
Company: American Red Cross
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives
every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its
best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are
required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID
19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is
prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on
providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption
prior to starting employment ****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Job Description:Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes
a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you
want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and
around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to
become a Blood Processing Technician for the American Red
Cross!Quarantine & Labeling Technicians perform manufacturing
processes in a highly regulated environment-from receipt of
unprocessed blood, through maintaining accurate records of finished
goods in preparation to distribute to area hospitals. Successful
Quarantine & Labeling Technicians will have a strong attention to
detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both
internal and external customers with compassion at all times.The
Men and Women Behind Our MissionPay:$16:00HRShift: 1st Friday
through TuesdayQuarantine & Labeling Technician -
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples
according to applicable FDA, AABB, CLIA, NRC and Red Cross policies
and procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and
distribution goals established by the department. Prioritize
workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on
equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated
with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for
distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet
quality requirements. Perform disposition of unacceptable
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and
information provided from other departments to meet time
requirements and quality standards.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the
manufacturing and shipping process.
- May perform management of sample tubes.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform complex manufacturing tasks such as pooled product
manufacturing and freeze, wash or deglycerolization of blood
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes
weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals.
- Drive for results and to serve others with a high level of
respect for customer service.
- Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and
give 100% while you're there.
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment.
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner
with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and
compassion at all times.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Quarantine & Labeling
Technician describe the general nature and level of work and are
not an exhaustive list.Qualifications
- High School diploma, plus two years' experience in a
regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.
- All technician jobs require good computer skills, attention to
detail, accurate documentation and good decision making
- College studies or technical training in science or medical
technology or the equivalent is preferred.
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching,
stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to
lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work
in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity
to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Interested in Volunteering?Life's emergencies
don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who
represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and
alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by
volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to
use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on
generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill
our lifesaving mission.Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn
more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.To view the
EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
Keywords: American Red Cross, Great Falls , Blood processing Technician/Components lab Technician, Professions , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!