EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Central Montana)
Company: Shumaker Trucking & Excavating Contractors, Inc
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: March 18, 2023
- - -Shumaker Trucking & Excavating Contractors, Inc. -began in
1960 and was incorporated in 1982. Our primary area for
construction projects is the state of Montana though, we have had
many projects in other states including Idaho, North Dakota, South
Dakota, Wyoming, Arizona, Washington, Colorado, and Kansas. We are
fully licensed and bonded. - - - Our work experience is diverse and
includes: building demolition, parking lot construction, building
site work, heavy highway construction, subdivision development,
reclamation, tank removals, and more.
- We have worked on a design build basis with the Montana
Department of Transportation, Department of Environmental Quality,
Columbia Grain, BNSF, and the DOE Run Company.
- We have worked with the military, to complete family housing
streets, storm drains, sewer and water lines, and Minuteman Missile
site work and roads.
- Our activities in the transportation sector, include mining and
crushing gravel, constructing roads, railroad mainlines, spur and
shuttle tracks, railroad ballast crushing, railroad emergency work
and derailment cleanups, and box culvert installations.
- We have done mine and oilfield reclamation projects, which have
involved gravel crushing and contaminated soil removal, landfarming
- Our work with the U. S. Forest Service includes rip rap
production and installation, riverbank, and streamside
- Our wastewater and garbage projects have included building
landfill cells, sewage lagoons and linings, and contaminated soil
landfarming and treatment. - - -During the height of the
construction season, we employ sixty people with approximately
thirty-five with us full time all year long. We have a full time
Safety Officer, Project Superintendents, and hire extras for
specific projects as contracts necessitate.General Application
Information:Shumaker Trucking & Excavating Contractors, Inc. -is an
Equal Opportunity Employer & a member of the Montana Contractors
Association. - - - - Please Note: This Job Description is not
designed to cover or have a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. - -Duties, responsibilities, or activities. Job
descriptions may change at any time with or without notice. - - - -
- In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity
laws, qualified applicants will be considered for all positions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
group status.By completing & sending this online application. - - -
- You will authorize -Shumaker Trucking & Excavating Contractors,
Inc. -to make such investigations and inquiries of my personal,
employment, financial or medical history and other related matters
as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
(Inquiries regarding medical history will be made only if and after
a conditional offer of employment has been extended). - You will
hereby release employers, schools, health care providers and other
persons from all liability in responding to inquiries and releasing
information in connection with my application. - - - - In case of
employment, you understand that false or misleading information
given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge.
You understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and
regulations of Shumaker Trucking & Excavating Contractors, Inc. - -
- - You understand that information you provide regarding current
and/or previous employers may be used, and those employer(s) will
be contacted, for the purpose of investigating my safety
performance history as required by 49 CFR 391.23(d) and (e). You
understand that you have the right to:
- Review information provided by earlier employers.
- Have a rebuttal statement attached to the alleged erroneous
information, if the previous employer(s) and you do not agree on
the accuracy of the information provided. -Instructions for
Application: - - -Online Application: -Please complete your
application in one session. If you do not finish completely, and
you close the application window, your information will -not be
saved, and you will need to start over.If you wish to fill out an
application form in person, please come to our office in Great
Falls at 3501 Old Havre Highway and a request application.To
complete your application, you will need the following
information:Work History for the past 3 years - - - - For each
employer you will need
- Start Date
- Finish Date
- Employer Name
- Employer Address
- Employer Phone Number
- Your Position
- Your Duties
- Your Reason for LeavingWork or Personal ReferencesHeavy
Equipment Operating Experience.Education or
CertificatesPre-Employment Driver Requirements
- Completed Job Application (Online or in Person)
- Must have a Current Class A CDL
- Must have A Current Medical Card.
- Required Endorsements (Doubles/Triples)
- Preferred Additional Endorsements (Tank or Hazardous
- Must pass a Drug Screen as Required by U.S. Dept of
Transportation (Results must be negative)
- Supply consent to company for review of clearinghouse
- Must maintain a satisfactory driving record and provide consent
to company for review of driving record(s).
- Must pass three-year DOT safety background check.
- Must pass pre-trip exam and road test to show proficiency
operating required equipment. -Job Description:Job Summary:The
Heavy Equipment Operator III will perform highly complex and
difficult construction and maintenance activities by operating a
variety of heavy equipment.Supervisory Responsibilities: - - - - -
--- May direct and supervise the work of other laborers and
equipment operators as necessary to aid in safe and efficient
completion - - - - - - - -of tasks requiring heavy equipment
- -Operates a variety of heavy equipment such as a derrick, pile
driver, concrete paver, crane, shovel, and dragline to accomplish
difficult or highly complex tasks. - -
- -Prior to operating equipment, conducts routine inspections to
identify needed maintenance or repairs.
- -Monitors gauges and other indicators to ensure safe
- -Performs or requests necessary repairs and adjustments to
- Assists with repairs as needed.
- Adheres to all safety rules, guidelines, and codes.
- Maintains records of time worked and materials used.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. -Required
- Thorough understanding of practices involved in the use of
various types of heavy equipment.
- Thorough understanding of maintenance and basic repairs
associated with heavy equipment.
- Thorough understanding of safety rules and ability to safely
operate machinery. - -
- Superior skill operating assigned equipment safely and
efficiently. - -Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, with at least three years of
experience operating construction equipment at Heavy Equipment
Operator II level with demonstrated ability to perform finish-grade
- Some high school education or equivalent with at least four
years of experience operating construction equipment at Heavy
Equipment Operator II level with demonstrated ability to perform
- OR any equivalent combination of training and experience. -
- Valid driver's license.Physical Requirements: -
- Must be able to physically operate heavy equipment.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, and stand to
operate and repair heavy equipment.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather, including
extremely hot and extremely cold temperatures. - -
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at time
Keywords: Shumaker Trucking & Excavating Contractors, Inc, Great Falls , EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Central Montana), Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...