Company: Builders FirstSource
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Under direct supervision performs a variety of yard activities
including operating a forklift to move product and material
throughout the yard. Provides customer service to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists customers in the location and loading of product.
- Reviews materials loaded against invoice or requisition;
completes and routes paperwork appropriately.
- Moves product/material throughout the yard ensuring placement
in correct areas.
- Ensures product/material is well stocked of inventory at all
- Performs routine cleanup of yard.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in
order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic
safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six
months' experience with performing these or similar tasks; or
equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Requires OSHA Forklift Certification
- Ability to operate motorized and non-motorized material
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing tasks
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of company products/inventory available at work
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to read and understand invoices and requisitions
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Work is performed primarily in an outdoor yard environment,
subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and
on occasion up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to physically operate forklift equipment (climb up
and down into cab, twist torso for 360-degree visibility, use arms
to operate controls.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call
(214)765-3990 or email:ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not
send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used
to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Keywords: Builders FirstSource, Great Falls , Yard Worker, Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!