Montana Combo Station/C.O. Tech- Great Falls, MT
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The RoleBe a part of the Lumen network
organization - responsible for installing and maintaining the
telecommunications network that's the backbone of our business. As
a Lumen employee you receive paid vacation and holidays and have
the opportunity to participate in the various Lumen benefit
options, including medical, dental and vision, pension & 401(k)
plans. Employees also have the opportunity to continue their
education through the tuition assistance program (unlimited for
undergraduate degrees) and receive discounts on Lumen products and
services.POSTING 11/30/2021POSTING CLOSES 12/21/2022The Main
- Install, maintain/repair, and test residential and small
business telecommunication service (POTS and Lumen High-Speed
- Test and turn-up subscriber lines, carrier plant, and/or fiber
- Troubleshoots problems that will require cable repair, cable
maintenance, air pressure, splicing, faultfinding, etc.
- Installs, performs routine maintenance, analyzes defects,
tests, adjusts, repairs and maintains complex equipment such as
switching systems, circuit equipment, network terminal equipment,
and data/digital equipment by using electrical and or electronic
- Reads and interprets customer service orders, maps, blueprints,
diagrams, technical drawings (i.e., mechanical, electrical,
- Adjust work assignments or schedule to complete designated
daily work and meet changing work-related priorities and
- Knowledge of basic electricity, as it relates to
- Basic principles, theories, and applications of electricity
(e.g., voltage, current, resistance, power, grounding, insulation,
Ohm's Law, AC/DC);
- Basic electrical components (e.g., conductors, insulators,
switches, capacitors, inductors, transformers) and basic circuit
- Operation and application of common electrical components and
common measurement instruments (e.g., multi-meters, etc.).
- Ability to:
- Use established electrical, digital, and/or mechanical
principals and to perform tests to identify and solve
- Perceive differences in wire and telecom cable color.
- Climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift
trucks) exceeding 18 feet as well as in confined spaces (e.g.,
attics, crawl spaces, utility holes).
- Perform strenuous physical activities including, but not
limited to: lifting objects weighing over 100 pounds. (Any offer of
employment is contingent upon passage of a strength test.)
- Perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions
(e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather).
- Foster team work in a cooperative climate and to work
independently in the field with little supervision.
- Use heavy-duty power equipment (e.g., compressors, pumps,
blowers), hand tools, power tools (air and electric), and specialty
tools, including electric and electronic measuring devices (e.g.,
multi-meters, volt-ohm meters), in the construction and repair of
outside plant facilities.What We Look For in a Candidate
- At least six months experience within the last five years
(prefer 12 months):
- Connecting telecom color-coded wires and cables to terminals,
attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables,
buildings and poles.
- Installing, maintaining/repairing, and testing
residential/small business telecommunication service, both POTS and
DSL on copper and/or fiber optic cable in an aerial, or buried
- At least 6 months of experience within the last five years with
HSI/Access Line installation and repair.
- Pole-climbing certification or will train.
- Working knowledge of various testing devices such as frequency
and data signal generators, transmission measuring sets,
oscilloscopes, volt-ohm meters, while installing and maintaining
equipment and services.
- A valid State driver's license with a current satisfactory
- Work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory
overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Combined weight of employee plus tools may not exceed the
manufacturer's 280-pound weight limit to work aloft.Preferred
- 12 months of experience in testing and turning up DSL and
- Ability to read, review, interprets and understands technical
documents (e.g., schematics, drawings, blueprints, layouts).
- Prior customer service experience.
- Ability to promote sales of products and services.
- Prior experience working on a computer in a Windows-based
system and with Microsoft Outlook.
- Prior experience using a body belt and safety straps.
- At least six (6) months experience within the last five (5)
years provisioning and maintaining DSO, DS1/T1, DS3/T3, switching
equipment and ISDN circuits or services.
- At least 6 months of experience within the last five years with
GPON installation and repair.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities, including but
not limited to, lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds and working
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather
conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement
- Ability to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and lift throughout
the day as the job requires it.
- Ability to climb and work at varying elevations (e.g., from
ladders, poles, lift trucks) exceeding 18 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces,
utility holes).Other Job Requirements:
- Selected candidate is required to remain in the position for a
minimum of 30 months (Time in Title) and 18 months (Time in
Location).What to Expect NextBased on your job application
information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video
interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of
questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game
Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in
order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time?
No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete
the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this
within 5 days of your application date.Requisition #: 271054This
position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union.
Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under
which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union
and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required
to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of
employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union,
but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical
condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Great Falls , Montana Combo Station/C.O. Tech- Great Falls, MT, Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!