Back to search
Asst, Office - CO
Great Falls, MT, US, 59405-1089
Date posted: Jun 2, 2021
Job ID: 1447
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations
Division. We are looking for a full-time Office Assistant. You must
be able to make decisions and work independently within a team
atmosphere. You must be detail oriented, accurate, and have
excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Office hours: 8 am - 5 pm, with extended hours during peak
- Handle customer phone calls, walk in traffic and direct patrons
to appropriate personnel.
- Set up customer prepay contracts, process invoices, transfer
documents and perform data entry into proprietary company
- Coordinate truck freight schedules, weigh fertilizer trucks and
- Enter payroll hours.
- Handle direct payments, reconcile credit card receipts and
- Maintain a full understanding of company products and
- Work with sensitive material and maintain a high level of
- Provide clear office communication with location managers,
board members, and patrons.
- Offer support to the credit department as needed.
- Assist in new employee orientation.
- Order office supplies and maintain a clean office.
- Perform other office duties as assigned.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
- Travel occasionally.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Up to 3 years of office experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Associate's degree
- Farming background/ understanding
- Familiar with accounting software
- Agriculture/Fertilizer experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits
include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health
and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded
Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of
Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full
query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol
Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that
requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates
seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor
vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the
FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of
offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify