Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that
provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its
corporate office and five operating units Interstate
AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate
IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck
I-State Truck Center is a dealer for Freightliner, Fuso, Western
Star, Detroit Diesel, Mercedes, Cummins, CAT, Meritor & Eaton. We
have been a market leader in the service industry for over 50
years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value
for our customers.
We are currently seeking an experienced Service Writer to join
our team. The hours for this role are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Service Advisors fulfill a critical role in our operations. They
are responsible for building strong customer relationships by
consulting with customers regarding their service needs. Together
with the technicians, Service Advisors ascertain the cause of the
issue(s) that prompted a given customer's visit, works to address
and resolve those issues.
- Greet the customer and start the process of helping the
customer through the repair
- Help identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer
or visual inspection
- Positive interface with technicians, foreman, parts department
- Advise customers about necessary services needed for repair of
- Write and present accurate estimates of repair
- Explain the work and charges to the customer when the job is
- Accurately process customer and warranty repair orders
- Organize and prioritize work flow of shop and field
- Communicate with shift advisers as to work progress and
- Responsible for securing facility at close of shift
- Assist parts department with purchasing, work orders, etc.
- Administrative duties as related to role
Requirements for Service Advisor:
- High School Graduate Required
- 3 Years of Truck or Automotive Service Writing Experience
Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Positive attitude
- Solid written and verbal communication skills including
excellent customer service and phone skills
- Organized and able to manage time wisely
- The desire to succeed in a day to day challenging position
- Mechanical Experience
- Computer Skills (Excel, Word, Excede Operating System)
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we
encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this
position by submitting a resume for consideration.