Computer Support Specialist
Company: D.A. Davidson
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Back to job search
D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned
company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are
dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest
standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding
service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open
and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and
productive engagement that make our companies and each of us
better. Just as we work to improve our clients' financial
well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities-and giving
back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our
company culture and impact in our latest annual report.
Respond to real-time events in the support and maintenance of
information technology assets in a courteous manner to ensure the
timely resolution of hardware and software application
Experience and Skills
- Working knowledge of the Service Desk system, phone system,
supporting business applications, workflows and processes.
- Proficient knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Bachelor's degree in field of specialty or equivalent IT
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages
and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability
to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work successfully
with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
- Familiar with department policies, processes and
- Consistently treat others with respect and maintain
professional attitude and behavior.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts.
- Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 35 pounds.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client
- Communicate in a clear and service oriented manner. Use
appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively
exchange ideas and information.
- Ability to proactively work with both external and internal
clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to
accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Learn the expectations for the Service Desk position which
- Know how to use the Service Desk system and phone system.
- Support business applications, workflows and processes.
- Acknowledge incident incidents and set the severity level.
- Incident resolution or escalation processes.
- Meet or exceed service level agreements.
- Attain performance goals set by management for resolving
incidents being logged into the support queue. Provide escalation
support and satisfactory customer service.
- Troubleshoot and assist D.A. Davidson employees with using
their computer and computer peripherals, applications and security
- Evaluate work load and capacity of computers and computer
system to determine feasibility of expanding or enhancing
capabilities or performance. Recommend improvements to IT
- Assist in the support of business applications to include but
not limited to: patching, testing, software licensing tracking,
installing, upgrading, receiving application training, attending
internal and external meetings, providing end user training,
monitoring application performance, working with vendor support and
sales, budgeting and creating documentation to end users and IT
- Assist in the support of computer life-cycle and office
technology to include but not limited to: patching, imaging,
deploying, transferring user profiles, evaluating, securing,
receiving training on computer O/S and hardware, maintain
inventory, manage printer support agreements, work with vendor
support and sales, provide documentation to end users and IT staff
and help resolve incidents with computer related to the O/S, core
applications or hardware that has been escalated from the Service
- Work with management to improve personal technical proficiency,
support and customer service skills. Identify and complete
technical training and certifications. Develop other work or career
goals where progress can be tracked and discussed.
- Learn and adhere to all Davidson policies and procedures.
Attend scheduled meetings or training sessions around existing or
new policies and/or procedures. Recommend changes to IT procedures
to improve productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Attend internal and external meetings as requested to provide
expertise, gather data, collaborate with other IT and business
personnel and advise management.
- Assist with the completion of project tasks as directed.
Participate in project management meetings around areas of
expertise. Ensure work on tasks and special projects are completed
within budget limits.
- Attend required training for Service Desk support and other
training related to the support of IT assets.
- Understand and adhere to the IT Change Management process
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Keywords: D.A. Davidson, Great Falls , Computer Support Specialist, Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!