IT Business Systems Specialist
Company: D.A. Davidson
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Back to job search
D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned
company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are
dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest
standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding
service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open
and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and
productive engagement that make our companies and each of us
better. Just as we work to improve our clients' financial
well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities-and giving
back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our
company culture and impact in our latest annual report.
Use existing and grow knowledge and skills obtained through
education and job experience within the Financial Wealth Management
industry to analyze, maintain, implement, and continuously support
and improve Managed Asset platforms and tools within DA Davidson.
The position will manage and maintain an Application Support Model,
facilitate Change Management discussions for the Envestnet
ecosystem, assist in the building of business requirements for
future integrations and workflows, and complete the retirement of
legacy systems and processes. The employee will have a balanced
focus on training, platform and integration maturity, incident and
change management, and assist in planning for growth of DA
Davidson's asset management platforms and tools. The position will
report to DA Davidson IT, but will work closely with Operations and
Wealth Management to facilitate the delivery of projects and
initiatives that provide efficiencies and further integration with
existing platforms. This role will require extensive contact with
senior management, external partners, and IT staff to identify
opportunities, research and resolve complex issues, and to provide
input to solutions that address changing regulatory requirements
and organizational adoption of technology. This position will
consult and collaborate with senior leaders across the Firm,
Envestnet resources, and third parties to plan and coordinate new
Experience and Skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education,
technical certifications or experience.
- Experience demonstrating proactive support and management of
complex back and front office platforms in a mid-sized or large
business environment or enterprise level.
- Experience interpreting, modifying, and creating detailed
business requirements for new integration and workflows.
- Ability to understand application security roles and
segmentation of duties.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability
to communicate and present technical requirements and dependencies,
both in person and over the phone.
- Use appropriate, professional language, and grammar to exchange
ideas and information with executives and business leaders.
- Strong MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to follow and understand changing industry rules and
- Ability to identify technology gaps and research solutions and
approaches to mitigate gaps.
- Ability to work closely with different groups, departments, and
managers to establish short-term and long-term planning.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work successfully
with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
- Familiar with department policies, processes and
- Consistently treat others with respect and maintain
professional attitude and behavior.
- Ability to travel for conferences and business meetings with
advance notice when necessary.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Follows policies and procedures while maintaining client
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Work with IT and vendors to manage major incidents and issues
pertaining to managed platforms and tools.
- Partner with internal development and support teams to ensure
platform stability and continuity of day-to-day activities.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of solutions
through strong business requirements for future integrations and
- Manage business partners and assist in vendor management
- Collaborate with IT, Compliance / Supervision, Wealth
Management, Project Management, and Operations to provide input and
assistance with complex projects and improvements to existing DA
Davidson Managed platforms and tools.
- Participates in aspects of large, complex projects through
their entire project lifecycle pertaining to the systems in these
areas (initiation, planning, execution, closure).
- Manage and contribute to Application Roadmaps (Strategic Plans)
for Wealth Management platforms within DA Davidson for core
- Represents IT on major firm level projects and/or initiatives
related to Wealth Management and Operations.
- Facilitates, plans, and participates in regular meetings with
Business leaders and support workstreams.
- Maintain training materials and procedure documentation to
support these platforms.
- Identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures
require change or where new ones need to be developed, especially
in situations relating to future business expansion.
- Participate in vendor driven conferences and training.
- Practice and begin maturing Project Management and Agile-Scrum
processes/standards within the respective workstreams identified by
- Maintain and enforce change management and quality assurance
practices across platforms.
- Build and maintain quality assurance materials and participate
in testing practices.
- Develop, document, and distribute requirements and usage
standards for the organization and ensure implementation and
measurement of objectives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Keywords: D.A. Davidson, Great Falls , IT Business Systems Specialist, Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!