IT Business Systems Technician
Company: D.A. Davidson
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Back to job search
D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned
company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are
dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest
standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding
service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open
and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and
productive engagement that make our companies and each of us
better. Just as we work to improve our clients' financial
well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities-and giving
back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our
company culture and impact in our latest annual report.
The position will manage and maintain an Application Maintenance
and Support Model for IT Assets that are leveraged by Compliance
and Supervision. The employee will have a balanced focused on daily
operations of Compliance and Supervisory platforms that include
incident management, user provisioning and maintenance, audit
assistance, and reporting of issues and enhancements to IT and
Compliance Management teams. The position will report to DA
Davidson IT, but will work closely with Compliance and various
business units to assist in projects and initiatives that provide
efficiencies and further integration. This role will require
extensive contact with senior management, external partners, and IT
staff to identify opportunities, research and resolve complex
issues, and assist in implementing comprehensive solutions that
address changing regulatory requirements and organizational
adoption of technology.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education,
technical certifications or experience.
- Experience demonstrating proactive and reactive support of
complex computer platforms and integrations in a mid-sized or large
business environment or enterprise level.
- Some experience interpreting, modifying, and creating detailed
quality assurance documentation and system procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability
to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the
- Communicate in a clear and service-oriented manner. Use
appropriate, professional language and grammar to effectively
exchange ideas and information with executives and business
- Ability to develop and mature training materials, guides, and
best practices for end users and internal support staff.
- Strong MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to ever-changing regulatory needs
across the business.
- Some project management skills beneficial, but training will be
- Ability to understand application security roles and
segmentation of duties
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work successfully
with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
- Consistently treat others with respect and maintain
professional attitude and behavior.
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Follows policies and procedures while maintaining client
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Work with IT and Vendors to manage major incidents and changes
pertaining to compliance and supervision platforms.
- Take lead in ensuring continuity of daily operations and system
stability for these platforms. This includes troubleshooting user
machines, capturing logs for external platforms, maintaining user
entitlements, and overseeing integrations connecting to these
- Assist in call queue coverage within the Service Desk during
high call volumes to ensure end users receive the appropriate
assistance and problem resolutions across multiple
- Establish and enforce SLA's in consultation with end users to
establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Collaborate and with IT, Compliance, Wealth Management
Supervision, Project Management, and other departments to implement
changes and improvements to existing DA Davidson Compliance
- Participate in building, modifying, and interpreting detailed
business requirement documentation that supports various projects
and initiatives driven by the firm.
- Manage and create Application Roadmaps for core platforms
within DA Davidson.
- Maintain training materials and procedure documentation to
support these platforms.
- Identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures
require change or where new ones need to be developed, especially
in situations relating to future business expansion.
- Assist the business in providing regulatory audit and
litigation materials requested by regulators and legal
- Participate in vendor driven conferences and training.
- Practice Project Management and Agile-Scrum processes and
- Maintain and enforce change management and quality assurance
practices across platforms.
- Build and maintain quality assurance materials and participate
in testing practices.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Keywords: D.A. Davidson, Great Falls , IT Business Systems Technician, Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!