Content Editing Associate
Company: Wolters Kluwer
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Location: USA-MA-Work from Home
**Please include a cover letter with your resume when
Our office is located in Waltham, MA, but options for working
remotely are available.
For over 25 years, UpToDate has been a global resource for
medical professionals and patients, providing trusted answers to
clinical questions based on the latest evidence and best practice.
UpToDate is committed to helping health care professionals make
appropriate care decisions and drive better outcomes for patients.
Our editorial staff ensures our content is always current,
accurate, inclusive, and organized to help users access information
We are searching for a Content Editing Associate to join our
editorial team. The position requires an individual with very
strong organization, communication, and time management skills, as
well as someone with close attention to detail and excellent
proofreading skills. Prior medical experience and medical knowledge
are not required.
The main tasks of the Content Editing Associate are as
- Working closely with one or two physician deputy editors (DEs)
to drive progress in an assigned medical specialty.
- Maintaining frequent contact and developing relationships with
external specialty authors, editors, and peer reviewers.
- Carefully documenting content developments and workflows in the
- Ferrying content through the editorial process, including:
- Styling and formatting original manuscripts
- Reviewing and tracking graphics, and coordinating with Graphics
and Permissions teams
- Sending content to a variety of external contributors for
review; setting deadlines and following up to ensure timely
- Incorporating contributor revisions for specialty DEs to
- Proofreading, checking links and references, and finalizing
topics and graphics for publication; ensuring content is error-free
and consistent with UpToDate's style guidelines.
- Addressing all editorial tasks in a timely manner.
- Carefully tracking progress toward annual goals and providing
accurate monthly reports to indicate completed and in-process
- Preparing for and leading specialty meetings with DEs in order
to review the current status of the specialty's pending items and
discuss next steps.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent proofreading, communication, time management, and
- Editorial experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by most people
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all duties and responsibilities and
Keywords: Wolters Kluwer, Great Falls , Content Editing Associate, Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!