Health Information Management Technician I
Company: nThrive Inc
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The HIM Technician I perform various clerical HIM functions.
These responsibilities include chart retrieval and tracking,
entry-level prepping, and scanning of clinical documents.
Additional responsibilities may include, processing research
requests for records, reception/customer service responsibilities,
and floating throughout the department to cover other areas within
the department, as needed. A minimum of 95% accuracy is expected
for all tasks.
- Locates, prints out and delivers medical records, as
- Picks up records of newly discharged patients. Ensures that all
discharged records are received from the units for document
- Files completed and loose reports.
- Prepares and distributes all requested reports.
- Maintains a log of activities. Continuously meets all
turnaround times as requested. Meets or exceeds productivity
- Processes all research requests.
- Completes missing records process by requesting charts from
clinics, physicians, other departments. Documents all activities
performed in chart location.
- Preps or assembles chart documents into standard chart order,
verifying all documents belong to the same patient.
- Locates "unable to locate" charts for clinic appointments
and/or release of information requests.
- Serves as an information resource by responding to requests for
general and medical information received via phone, e-mail, fax, or
- Operates computer to enter and retrieve data.
- Prepares medical record documents prior to scanning, according
to policies and procedures.
- Utilizes facility guidelines to prep/assemble, scan and
validate all documents are properly found with the document imaging
- Performs simple machine cleaning. Responsible for document
imaging equipment maintenance prior to shift/use and maintains
equipment cleaning log as required. Generates held desk ticket when
- Performs general clerical functions such as filing, shredding,
and floor rounds.
- Updates the HIM chart tracking system as needed.
- Monitors and reports the quality and quantity of work performed
- Responsible for cross-training peers.
- Assists the HIM Department and various work units during times
of staff shortage or high volumes
- Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality.
- Follows all federal, state, industry, and hospital guidelines
for release of information.
- Supports nThrive's Compliance Program by adhering to policies
and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws
applicable to nThrive's business practices. This includes: becoming
familiar with nThrive's Code of Ethics, attending training as
required, notifying management or nThrive's Helpline when there is
a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of
patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain HIPAA
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and
- Experience in a hospital health information management
- Experience with hospital health information management computer
- Office clerical or administrative experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
From Patient-to-PaymentSM, nThrive provides all the technology,
advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs
health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they
serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care
organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates
to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive
to innovate and participate in community outreach through the
nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think
differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our
health care providers, and our world, are healthy and
Keywords: nThrive Inc, Great Falls , Health Information Management Technician I, Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!