Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repairer Supervisor
Company: Department of Defense
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: May 3, 2021
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE
NON-BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
- Recruitment, Relocation, or Retention incentives may be
authorized IAW 3R program*
Selecting Official: Lt Col Jason Green
This National Guard position is for an Aircraft Survival Flight
Equipment Repairer Supervisor, Position Description Number
D1868000, and is part of the Montana Air National Guard, 120 OSS
(A copy of the Position Description can be obtained from HRO
Learn more about this agency
- Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Supervise technicians and traditional Guard members in
accomplishing the work operations of the function.
- Plan weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of
- Establish deadlines and priorities based on established general
schedules, methods, and policies. Determine skills, materials and
equipment required to do the work of aircraft survival flight
- Participate in the initial planning of current and future work
schedules and development of budget requests.
- Provide workload data, estimates, information on staffing needs
and recommendations as to the scheduling of projected work.
- Assign tasks to be performed by subordinates and explain work
requirements, methods, and procedures. Schedule and approve leave
- Set performance requirements and make formal and informal
- Determine training needs of subordinates and arrange for its
- Counsel employees on problems.
- Adjust informal complaints through discussion with employees
and union representatives.
- Take informal corrective action on conduct or performance
- Initiate proposals for disciplinary action where needed.
- Work to achieve the objectives of Government-wide programs and
policies, to include, equal employment opportunity and labor
- Promote the participation of subordinates in programs such as
the suggestion program and cost reduction program.
- Ensure regulations governing safety and housekeeping are
observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being
- Maintain production reports and records.
- Periodically review position descriptions of subordinates for
currency and accuracy.
- Initiate the detailing of subordinates to positions other than
- Initiate or participate in the review or improvement of work
methods, organizational features, and the structuring of
- Implement regulatory safety requirements and ensure that
subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent
- Prepare for and participate in various types of readiness
evaluations, inspections, mobilization, and command support
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
4818 Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repair
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you
are eligible for military membership, please contact a National
Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership
in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's
National Guard, required prior to the effective date of
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes
concurrence with these requirements as a condition of
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard
must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the
National Guard in the military grade listed in this
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Appointments in the Title 32 MT NG technician program may
terminate/suspend your military incentives; please see your MT NG
Retention Office/Military Personnel Incentive Program Manager for
Military Grades: E7 - E8
Your application MUST contain a DETAILED description (how, when
, where, and at what level) in your own words (not copied) of
civilian and/or military training/experience/education as it
relates to the general and specialized experience,
KSA/Competencies, and any other requirements (certifications,
education, selective placement factors) that are in announcement
and/or questionnaire. If resume is NOT detailed in these
requirements; your application ranking on your responses may be
lowered/changed or you could be deemed not eligible/qualified.
NOTE: You may add a supplement page (as above; it must address how,
when, where and at what level) to your resume to address
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess experience or training which
demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize
assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed
for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and
to prepare production records, work records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to the journeyman level
knowledge, must possess at least 36 months of experience which
demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work
assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required
the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet
deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of
work performed by this function. Experience which demonstrates the
ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as
evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general
supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience
in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department of Defense, Great Falls , Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repairer Supervisor, Other , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!