Agile Senior Business Process Analyst
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: NonePublic Trust/Other Required: NoneJob Family: Business
Process AnalysisGeneral Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is
seeking a highly motivated Senior IT Business/Requirements Analyst
to support our corporate Enterprise IT Services (EITS) system
development, delivery, and maintenance. The IT Business Analyst
(BA) delivers business analysis services for the organization
focused on requirements capture and traceability through solution
testing. The BA is responsible for coordinating with business and
technology teams to capture business needs in the form of
requirements, developing the testing approach against the project
schedule, and coordinating the execution of that approach to ensure
delivered solution quality with an emphasis on providing high value
features to our customers. The candidate will directly own and
manage project deliverables such as requirements gathering, user
story development, test plan development to execution, operational
change management, and end user training.Role Responsibilities:
- Serve as a lead analyst to support our IT Business Partners and
Project Managers for required deliverables and stakeholder
management for multiple business process engagements.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation sessions with business and
- Support development of business cases based on requirement
gathering and business objectives leveraging quantitative
cost/benefit analysis methods to demonstrate business value and
solution proposal viability.
- Produce timely and high-quality functional and non-functional
requirements documents including specifications, process flows,
mock-ups, and wireframes.
- Produce User Stories and related design documentation,
including requirement traceability matrices for alignment to
organizational policies and standards, data governance, and
- Perform as is and future state to be analysis of new business
systems, applications, and functions with process flow charts and
- Construct basic data and process models, including data
dictionaries and volume estimates.
- Participate in technical reviews and inspections to verify
'intent of change' is carried through all phases of a project.
- Assist in the definition of implementation plans by
collaborating with project team members including the solutions
architect, project manager and other stakeholders and subject
- Plan and lead system performance and functional testing
- Manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT), including writing test
plans and test scripts, and managing tester engagement.
- Analyze and document/report system and UAT test results.
- Support Operational Change Management (OCM) delivery of
- Support the development of communications plans with
- Provide expertise on continuous process improvement strategies,
organizational redesign, change management activities, and
performance measures for complex business processes.
- Coach and review the work of other BA staff and team
- Evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise
between IT and other departments.
- Become deeply immersed and knowledgeable about GDIT core
business functions, processes, and workflows associated with
assigned business areas and projects.
- Understand the relationships, dependencies, and impact of
neighboring business functions.
- Support the evolution of BA processes and templates.What Youll
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts,
Computer Science or related discipline plus 10+ years' experience
as a Business Analyst, Functional Analyst, Process Analyst, or
- Knowledge of software development life-cycle methodologies,
including Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM, writing user stories and
following the development process through user story
- Demonstrated ability to gather data to understand & document
existing business processes and how the IT system(s) enable that
- MS Office Word, Excel, and strong PowerPoint experience.
- Experience with any of the following project delivery tools
JIRA, Confluence, Service Now, MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Teams,
MS Planner.Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Broad IT exposure, including experience with data lifecycles,
IT security, application integration, and cloud technologies (IaaS
- Exposure to enterprise tools such as Salesforce or Tableau
- Experience defining and detailing business processes and
information flows including metadata and data lineage.
- Experience creating and maintaining operational policies,
standards and procedures related to managing information risk and
- Understanding of data management and data security.Attributes
- Must be able to take ownership of and work independently on
complex tasks which require analysis and action.
- Must be able to work well with staff members and user
community, especially with senior business management staff.
- Excellent written communications and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized individual
- Continual development of career skills, project methodology,
and platform mastery through via training/certifications.COVID-19
Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to
all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees
and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require
employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the
federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are
GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government,
defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver.
Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical
missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in,
integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is
safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside
our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the
technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed
to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Great Falls , Agile Senior Business Process Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!