Human Resources Generalist
Company: North40 Outfitters
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: March 8, 2019
Company DescriptionValue is hard to find - but not when you look in the right places. The right place is here. Being a part of the North 40 life means being a part of something valuable. The North 40 Life is more than a mantra or a philosophy- it's a lifestyle, it's also a community, one that wants to help enrich your life by offering you genuine content and authentic products that add to your story and make your work and play meaningful. All the things you need, with nothing you don't - the North 40 Life is what you make it.Job DescriptionAre you a dedicated professional with a passion for serving others? North 40 Outfitters has an opening for a dynamic, full-time HR Generalist position at our Corporate Office. As our HR Generalist, you would be responsible for performing human resource functions within the Human Resource office; primarily employee relations issues, as well as recruitment, compensation, performance, and compliance with various HR policy, plans, and process. The HR Generalist assists and advises company managers on issues relating to Human Resources issues, and supports the overall business operations of North 40 Outfitters. Position works in an extremely fast paced and high volume environment.We are a company that outfits work and play in the great Northwest and needs someone to support the "people" side of that business across three States: Montana, Idaho and Washington. See more of what we are about at .Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Works with HR team evaluating personnel issues and problems and implementing policies and procedures consistently and legally.
- Assists managers with personnel issues by answering questions, approving or directing responses and/or collaborating on solutions.
- Participates in coaching, disciplining and terminating exempt and non-exempt employees. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Handles grievance responses as assigned
- Devises responses to UI claims in light of overall strategy for each issue, ensuring that legal and practical rationale is consistent and evaluated correctly.
- Assists with the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, including the employee handbook
- Maintains compliance with state and federal employment laws
- Continuously updates the integrated Job Description and Performance Appraisal Process by continually performing job analysis, evaluating and editing job descriptions, and analyzing how changes in the entire workflow, from announcements to interviews to how job duties affect one another.
- Recommend and/or provide training as needed on HR related topics.
- Partnering with HR Analyst, oversee the recruitment efforts/process of all Retail Store, Distribution Center, and Corporate Office positions. Communicates important employment information to Hiring Managers regarding employment offers and Onboarding process (e.g., benefits, compensation, background checks).
- Respond to hiring supervisor's needs and problems in the recruitment process by working with the HR Analyst to provide alternatives and/or modifications.
- Partner with the Marketing Department to build a comprehensive Recruitment Marketing plan, as well as organize store recruitment fairs and outreaches.
- Participate on interview panels and assist in team decisions on candidates that are the best fit for the multiple factors: duties, location, existing team members and company objectives.
- Manages all hiring and Onboarding platforms
- Supports area recruiting and outreach efforts in coordination with the stores to meet recruiting targets using traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Supervise Recruiting team, and provide insights and recommendations on recruiting strategies and best practices that contribute to the overall achievement of our vision: Transforming the way North 40 Outfitters acquires talent through effective business partnering, innovation, and execution.
- Deliver a best-in-the-world hiring experience to the following stakeholders:
- Hiring Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Recruiting Team Qualifications
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP and/or related human resources or communications bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 2-5+ years of experience in HR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work or travel after hours and weekends
- Strong knowledge of HR Employment law, federal and state
- Ability to "read people" and exercise effective judgment with related issues and conflicts
- Sensitivity to needs of others; ability to adapt to changing direction and situations
- Hunger and initiative to continually learn and develop HR acumen
- High degree of confidentiality and dependability
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, HRIS software Additional InformationWe get asked a lot, "What is North 40?" If you know who we are, that's a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few categories. Our message, "Make a difference in how people experience work and play" is truly our heartbeat here, and if something comes up that doesn't live up to this, we don't do it.North 40 Outfitters Benefits:
- Exceptional 401k
- PTO and paid holidays
- Excellent Healthcare and Health Savings Account
- Exciting Wellness Progam
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disabiltiy
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Dental & Vision
Keywords: North40 Outfitters, Great Falls , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!