Barista/Customer Service Associate
Company: North40 Outfitters
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Value is hard to find – but not when you look in the right places.
The right place is here. Being a part of the North 40 life means
being a part of something valuable. The North 40 Life is more than
a mantra or a philosophy- it's a lifestyle, it's also a community,
one that wants to help enrich your life by offering you genuine
content and authentic products that add to your story and make your
work and play meaningful. All the things you need, with nothing you
don't – the North 40 Life is what you make it.Job Description
The Barista/Customer Service Associate is responsible for upholding
outstanding customer service, providing quality beverages/food,
maintaining the dining areas, processing sales and returns
transactions, resolving customer problems and complaints, and
safeguarding company assets. The Barista/Customer Service Associate
reports to the store manager.Essential Functions and
- Food/Beverage Preparation
- Able to prepare and sell various beverage and food items by
following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques
- Maintain inventory by replenishing supplies while on shift,
stocking equipment, maintaining supplies, food, and other
- Keep equipment clean and operable, by following operating
instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and maintaining a clean
and safe working environment.
- Display the ability to work comfortably in a changing
environment, while multitasking and learning new systems and
processes. Able to assist in all areas of the store.
- Customer Service
- Readily greet guests and communicate with genuine enthusiasm
and a smile.
- Offer assistance, answer guests' questions and inform
- Ask if guests found everything they were looking for and thank
them for shopping at North 40.
- Handle difficult customers professionally as assigned.
- Remain vigilant, observe all guests, and recognize unusual
behavior, belongings, etc. to prevent potential loss.
- Processing Transactions
- Physically scan items while monitoring screen for accuracy
- Lookup un-tagged merchandise.
- Research miss-tagged merchandise and check SKU's/UPC's for
- Apply discounts, coupons & rain checks per policy for eligible
- Verify credentials for special merchandise
- Bag merchandise properly & determine if a carry-out is
- Ensure the employee purchases follow company policy.
- Accurately count cash in & out, check for counterfeit bills,
openly count change back in front of customer.
- Offer Add-Ons as needed.
- Process refunds and exchanges by checking condition, verifying
product and getting proper approval.
- Stock merchandise & create front end displays, front/face
product and monitor applicable expiration dates.
- Answer the phones and direct calls appropriately.
- E-commerce fulfillments.Qualifications
Knowledge of POS systems and applications…; basic mathematical
applications and accuracy; principals and processes for providing
customer service; communication techniques to convey and obtain
information; proper business communication with coworkers and
customers. An understanding of food and beverage safety; basic
understanding of beverage preparation equipmentSkills: Established
Sense of Urgency – prioritizing and completing not only assigned
tasks but taking initiative to take on other tasks that need to be
completed.Confidentiality – maintain strict privacy and discretion
regarding employee and company information/data or sharing
information only with the individuals, HR team, or specified
function or contact including refraining from gossip and or
perpetuating information that could be construed as
such.Organization – knowledge of how to use your time, resources,
energy, etc. in an effective way so that you achieve the things you
need to achieve.Attention to Detail – meticulous attention to
details and elements in all aspects of work projects and
tasks.Follow Through – ensuring that all work tasks are completed
in entirety from start to finish no matter the time requirements
(i.e. coming in early and staying late) and sharing that
information with team members.Communication – consistent and
thorough written and verbal communication with all team members
inside and outside of your immediate team as well as those that
engage in the LMS platform at any level and thoughtful
understanding of peoples' behavior, communication techniques to
convey and obtain information, and proper business communication
with coworkers and customers; Problem Solving – Working through
details of a problem to reach a solution.Creativity – ability to
think outside the box and bring innovative ideas and solutions to
the team and company relating to training and development;Self
Starter – Ability and desire to undertake a project on your own
initiative, without needing to be told or encouraged to do so.Team
Work – collaborating, communication, and contributing in a way that
makes not only the immediate HR/Training team more successful in
accomplishing projects, tasks, and goals, but also the North 40
Outfitters team successful in accomplishing business
objectivesPhysical Ability: Presence at the job and ability to
perform the job are essential functions; ability to easily adapt
from sitting for extended periods of time to standing and the
ability to view a computer monitor for extended periods of time;
lifting 20-50 lbs on an occasional basis while using correct
lifting, loading and carrying techniques.
We get asked a lot, "What is North 40?" If you know who we are,
that's a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few
categories. Our message, "Make a difference in how people
experience work and play" is truly our heartbeat here, and if
something comes up that doesn't live up to this, we don't do
Keywords: North40 Outfitters, Great Falls , Barista/Customer Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!