Hospital Services Technician
Company: American Red Cross
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: January 9, 2022
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of
lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit
at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest
Job Description:Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes
a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you
want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and
around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to
become a Distribution Technician for the American Red
Cross!Distribution Technicians perform inventory management in a
highly regulated environment-from providing customer service to
organizations ordering blood product through shipment of finished
goods to area hospitals. Successful Distribution Technicians will
have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the
ability to treat both internal and external customers with
compassion at all times.Hospital Services Distribution Technician -
- Store and distribute blood products/samples according to
applicable FDA, AABB, CLIA, NRC and Red Cross policies and
procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and
distribution goals established by the department. Prioritize
workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on
equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated
with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for
distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet
quality requirements. Perform disposition of unacceptable
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and
information provided from other departments to meet time
requirements and quality standards.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the
manufacturing and shipping process.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- May make hospital deliveries.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes
weekends & holidays, to meet the needs of our hospitals
- Drive for results and serve others with a high level of
- Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and
give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your
co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner
with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and
compassion at all timesThe aforementioned responsibilities of the
Distribution Technician describe the general nature and level of
work and are not an exhaustive list.Distribution Technician - Job
- High School diploma or equivalent required along with two year
experience in a regulatory, distribution or manufacturing
environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Position may require a valid driver's license
- Experience in a regulatory, laboratory or manufacturing setting
- Staff performing irradiation tasks may be subject to enhanced
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching,
stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to
lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work
in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.Apply now!
Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a
difference every day.The American Red Cross is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering
its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a
competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative
team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please
visitwww.redcross.org/jobs to apply.To view the EEOC Summary of
Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
Keywords: American Red Cross, Great Falls , Hospital Services Technician, Healthcare , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!