Certified Personal Financial Counselor
Company: Zeiders Enterprises
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: September 2, 2020
The Personal Financial Counselor (PFC) program is seeking qualified
individuals to work full-time with Service Members and their
families on personal financial issues such as budget planning,
credit management and debt reduction, as well as retirement and
estate planning. These full-time positions are located on military
installations throughout the continental Unites States and selected
The majority of Service Members and their families will require
financial counseling and education to assist with establishing a
basic level of financial literacy, good financial behavior and
habits, long term financial planning to include retirement
planning. The PFCs will be responsible for:
- Identifying immediate and long range measures to increase
income, reduce household expenditures, and avoid additional
- Personal budget/financial planning to reduce, eliminate, and
avoid debt and to achieve solvency and stability.
- Teaching Service members (and their families) money management
techniques to encourage them to live within their means.
- Understanding credit, finance charges, interest rates and the
implications of only paying the minimum amount each month.
- Educating military families on the importance of maintaining
excellent credit histories and ratings.
- Establishing, monitoring, and protecting their credit.
- Teaching Service Members to make informed decisions and to be
aware of associated costs such as insurance, maintenance, fuel
- Educating and counseling Service Members - about their
retirement systems and providing financial models to assist them in
establishing a comprehensive retirement plan.
- Assisting with tax planning.
- Teaching Service Members and their families how to save for
emergencies, unanticipated contingencies, and both short and
- Other duties as assigned.
- PFCs will traditionally provide support in one of three ways.
Any combination of the three may be requested by the installation
- Face-to-Face financial counseling: PFCs support and educate
individuals and families to help address specific needs, including
provision of appropriate resource referrals.
- Financial briefings: Facilitate briefings designed to promote
awareness and educate Service Members and their families on various
personal finance topics. PFCs facilitate requested briefings using
a library of approved presentations and handouts on a variety of
- Resource table: PFCs perform outreach and engage event
attendees in conversations about setting financial goals, guidance
to appropriate resources, as well as discussions on all areas of
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree coupled with 3+ years of
experience in financial counseling or education.
- A national certification as an Accredited Financial Counselor
(AFC) OR Certified Financial Planner (CFP) OR Chartered Financial
- Counselors shall maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing MS Office products (Excel,
- A criminal history background check that includes a credit
check, education and employment verification as well as an FBI
fingerprint check are required to work in this program.
- Previous military experience (including military spouses and/or
as a service provider)
- Ability to travel up to 10% including some weekends with
- Ability to facilitate financial workshops and trainings to
large groups and ability to tailor presentations to audiences as
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities such as:
- Working knowledge of military, state, federal, and local
- Understanding, sensitivity, and empathy for Service members and
their family members.
- Ability to develop trusting helping relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and families from
diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to use sound professional judgment, ethical practice,
and common sense. Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate
financial needs of individuals and families.
Other Skills and Abilities:All positions that require access to
U.S. Government facilities and systems require U.S. Citizenship,
and reliable transportation to travel to assigned locations and
Physical Demands:Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves
intermittently during working hours. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Zeiders Enterprises, Great Falls , Certified Personal Financial Counselor, Accounting, Auditing , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!