Sleep Inn / Mainstay Suites Great Falls * HOTEL NIGHT AUDITOR
Company: Town Pump
Location: Great Falls
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Sleep Inn / Mainstay Suites Great Falls * HOTEL NIGHT
AUDITORDate:Oct 5, 2019Location:Great Falls, MT, US, 59404Apply now
Hotel Night AuditorJob Description SummaryBasic Statement of
FunctionsSummary: Ascertains accuracy of daily transactions.
Generates audit reports. Balances City Ledger tray as required.
Acts as night manager of hotel. Carries on all Front Desk
activities as required.Job Specifications(Qualifications)EDUCATION
and/or EXPERIENCE:High school diploma or general education degree
(GED); and one year Front Desk Clerk or Night Auditor experience
preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position acts as Hotel Manager during the night shift hours.
Related experience in bookkeeping a plus.LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to
read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Ability
to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.COMPUTER SKILLS:Experience in the following
software: MS Excel, MS Word and company computer based program,
PDI.REASONING ABILITY:Ability to apply commonsense understanding to
carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CPR/First aid certification where applicable.
- Valid Montana Drivers License.OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work varied number of hours per week on a rotating
basis. Shift is normally 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., but may vary from
time to time.
- Must be in uniform at all times.
- Must display a high degree of pride and integrity in job
- Must be able to learn and comprehend all company policies
pertaining to his or her position and employment.
- Must possess a high sense of confidentiality, be poised and
possess a pleasant personality.
- This individual, for all practical purposes, is the Night
Manager. Since our Table of Organization does not carry that title,
it is imperative that he or she understand the scope of the
responsibility placed on him or her.
- Must be a self-starter, have good judgment, and possess the
quality of adaptability.
- Must be mentally alert at all times, and possess high degree of
- Possess the ability to communicate with fellow staff members
any problems, questions, and situations which may arise during his
shift (especially with regard to procedures that are not being
- Must have ability to operate 10 key, calculator, typewriter,
CRT, and facsimile machine.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Performs final checks of room charges and other transactions
- Generates audit report and records as outlined in audit
- Performs check of audit reports as outlined in audit
- Prepares credit card summaries and checks approval.
- Prepares and balances all reports required by management.
- Posts room and tax revenues and any phone or other
- Performs check in and check out of guests. Posts payments and
charges as necessary. Responsible for funds received.
- Responsible for answering the hotel switchboard in a timely,
efficient, and courteous manner.
- May be responsible for additional guest services, which may
include airport transportation, minor maintenance, and additional
- Handles guest problems and complaints. Serves as information
agent for hotel guests.
- Responsible for accurate accounting of all guest rooms.
Communicate pertinent information to co-workers and to
- Performs a variety of clerical and office duties.
- Prepares coffee and breakfast bar for guests if
- May be required to perform security checks and hall
- Responsible for daily execution of reservation checks to insure
that no revenue is lost by rooms that are not sold and that the
hotel is not overbooked.
- Must have first-hand knowledge of the physical layout of the
- Should be thoroughly familiar with all emergency procedures
with regard to accident, fire, bomb threats, illness of guests, and
other incidents as outlined in the Safety & Security
- Any other duties as assigned by the Front Desk Supervisor,
Assistant Hotel Manager, or Hotel Manager.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally.
- Ability to climb, stoop, bend, lift, and carry.ENVIRONMENTAL
DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to work in an open office environment with frequent
- Ability to work in pleasant but demanding atmosphere.Nearest
Major Market:Great FallsNearest Secondary Market:MontanaJob
Segment:Hotel, Night, Hospitality, Operations
Keywords: Town Pump, Great Falls , Sleep Inn / Mainstay Suites Great Falls * HOTEL NIGHT AUDITOR, Accounting, Auditing , Great Falls, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!